Job Title: R&D Packaging Innovation Manager
Salary: £45-55k basic + benefits
Location: Northern England
** Opportunity to work for an iconic group which has featured on The Sunday Times’ ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ **
This client is an iconic group that saw its best year since establishment over 100 years ago. Looking to expand their in-house packaging team, this household name has an opening for an R&D Packaging Manager with strong project management skills and an ability to shape and lead packaging initiatives and technical work.
The purpose of this role is to scope and drive our client’s NPD & EPD portfolios in line with R&D KPIs and company vision.
• Drive packaging exploration and development and projects to support product development pipeline (innovation and renovation).
• Scout for new technologies, material advancements, and novel concepts and translate into opportunities for product pipelines using open innovation approaches and internal capability development.
• Lead discovery phase projects and those where packaging is a major focus.
• Develop packaging solutions from initial concept through to material and supplier selection, factory trials and implementation ensuring compliance with food contact legislation.
• Use consumer insight and knowledge of industry packaging developments to generate packaging led NPD propositions.
• Provide technical packaging expertise for NPD/EPD projects as well as the wider business when required.
• Influence 2-3 year R&D pipeline through technical knowledge and consumer insight to ensure our products continue to engage and excite consumers.
• Create packaging prototypes, from simple mock-ups through to fully functional branded packs that can be tested with consumers.
• Build a strong internal network across the Commercial, Brand, Finance & Ops teams. Develop external network of packaging suppliers, insight & innovation partners and 3rd party co-packers and manufacturers (working in partnership with co-manufacturing) to support R&D and the wider business.
• Minimise the environmental impact of products through careful consideration and selection of packaging materials and suppliers.
• Support Marketing, Sales and wider business with any packaging related enquiries and when required accompany with visits to key customers.
• Responsible for up to two direct reports
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here