Job Title: Quality / Health & Safety Assistant
Salary: Up to £25K pa DOE.
Location: West Yorkshire
Our Packaging Client has been established since the 1970s and due to continued growth and success they have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Quality/Health & Safety Assistant to join their team
They have a world class reputation for excellence and are contracted to leading Manufacturers both for conversion and distribution of their branded products.
The role will involve assisting the Quality/Health & Safety Compliance Manager in maintaining Quality, Hygiene, Safety, Environmental & Ethical systems by
carrying out checks & audits, collecting and assessing data and providing administrative support for the control of equipment, materials, procedures and records.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance and/or Safety role is required.
- Training in Internal Auditing, Food Hygiene and/or Health & Safety requirements would be an Advantage.
Excerpt from Job Description:-
- Carrying out documented Quality, Hygiene and Safety checks to an agreed frequency and standard that may include spot checks and internal audits
- Administering required calibration, laundry, pest control, vending and safety service and repair requirements including contact with suppliers and issue of equipment including Personal Protective Equipment.
- Issuing procedures, instructions, record blank forms and other necessary documents and filing completed records in an organised system.
- Maintaining up to date Quality training records and Supplier assessment records
- Assisting in the investigation of Quality & Safety issues and in the assessment of Quality, Hygiene, Environmental and Safety aspects of processes
- Ensuing that non-conforming material/work is identified and controlled and that records are completed of action taken to repair or reject items & make claims where needed
- We prefer CVs in MS Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Please also take the opportunity of providing a brief cover note expanding on where your skills and experience match the main requirements of the role, e.g. experience of working in a BRC accredited Food / Print / Packaging manufacturing environment etc (advantageous).
- Please also include your Salary Expectation & Notice period.