Job Title: Print Estimator & Buyer
Salary: £Highly Competitive Salary
Location: West Yorkshire
One of the UKs most creative printing companies is looking to expand their team. This innovator provides a wide range of printed solutions to a wide range of clients from small SMEs to major blue-chip multi-nationals.
This is a perfect position for someone who seeks variety within their role, where no two days are the same. We are looking for a commercially aware professional with an ability to produce estimates, adapt to a dynamic environment and demonstrate product, supplier and category management knowledge to purchase print.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• To prepare quick turnaround estimates on standard products using our clients in-house MIS system and Microsoft Excel
• Liaising with the sales to ensure correct details standard materials are specified within quotation.
• Liaising with account management when estimates are converted to orders to ensure clarity of information passed to internal departments is correct.
• Develop a strong and positive working relationship with category suppliers.
• Identify and select new suppliers, using best practise
• Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value within quality & time SLAs
• Ensure the Vendor Management System is kept up to date
• Manage the supply chain, including the forecasting of goods into the business by working closely with the stock control team, to maintain both stock levels and stock availability.
• Produce clear and timely purchase specifications & instructions to suppliers & internal departments
To apply for this opening you must have 2 years’ experience within a similar role within the printing industry. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge and understanding of the MIS systems, tools and calculators. You will need a high level of problem solving skills, have a good range of IT skills, be forward thinking with the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders. Stand out applicants will strike a balance between great commercial nuance and intelligent negotiation skills.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we may have similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here