Job Title: Group Operations Director
Salary: £Executive Package
Location: Details on Application
One of the most exciting and dynamic printing groups in the UK today is looking to fill a key role within the organisation. This is a rarely available opportunity for a target-driven high calibre Operations Director be part of a senior management team and contributing to the development and implementation of the future strategy for this successful business.
THE REMIT ….
The role will cover the following main responsibilities in the Operations Department (Production, Purchasing and Distribution):
• Ensure employees are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development within the Operations Department to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
• Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to achieve the set business objectives.
• Develop scorecards within individual activities within the operations department to provide transparency of performance against key business objectives
• Develop and control the budget for the Operations Department to ensure that the Department has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
• To ensure that finished goods meet Customer’ required standards and are available within agreed costs and timelines.
• To take responsibility for the Purchasing function to ensure all the resources are available for production purposes within agreed costs, quality standards and timelines.
• Direct and control the Warehousing and Distribution functions to ensure that production and customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
• Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained at all company sites.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with all other directors to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
• Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
• Investigate customer satisfaction; manage and report on issues.
• Drive the business to increase profits and efficiencies.
• Review and propose equipment requirements to the board.
• Act as an Ambassador for the company promoting its products and services with existing and new customers at every opportunity
What we are looking for…
• Extensive experience in operations management within the industry
• Experience of the industry and key production services to include Digital print, Litho print and finishing, Data processing and mailing.
• Significant experience in delivering improved performance through business transformation and change
• Significant managerial experience with ability to produce written external and internal reporting.
• Outstanding inter-personal and negotiating skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent decision-making skills.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here