Job Title: Business Development Manager- DM + Print Management
Salary: £Highly Attractive Package
Contact: George Thompson
Telephone: 0141 647 6688
Categories: Print, London, Midlands, South East, Sales, South West, South Coast, Northern Home Counties, Southern Home Counties, North West, North East, East Anglia, Yorkshire, Print Management, DM & TM
One of the UK’s leading providers of data, digital, print, marketing and fulfilment services is on the search for a Business Development Manager to join their team and become responsible for introducing new business relationships, closing sales opportunities and for general sales development. The role will operate across the UK, delivering sales in accordance with 3 key elements of the company strategic plan:
- To seek, identify and secure new profitable business opportunities for managed print and document services solutions to mid-tier public sector and corporate accounts within defined market sectors.
- To seek, identify and secure new business opportunities for specialised and industry leading digital print and data management services & solutions to mid-tier public sector and corporate accounts.
- To support and maintain the provision of an optimum level of service to all customers and ensure the renewal of all services, specifically those with an annuity-based revenue.
This role will also aim to provide technical, practical and project support to customers, and will work in close liaison with the operational teams to ensure that sales, operational and business performance targets are achieved.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Highly self-motivated, with the desire to succeed and meet both personal and professional goals.
- The ability to adopt a professional and appropriate approach to cold calling, presenting, negotiating and closing new business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal and face to face.
- Written communication – ability to construct emails, letters, reports, proposals and other documentation professionally and appropriately.
- Verbal communication – ability to build rapport, actively listen, persuade and influence others, and convey relevant, complete and accurate information to clients and internal colleagues.
- Face to face communication – ability to build rapport, maintain relationships, structure and manage meetings and presentations to successful outcomes to support business development strategy.
- Able to take a planned and organised approach to workload, prioritise urgent tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines and work with the required level of attention to detail.
- High levels of commitment, with the willingness to contribute additional effort if required.
- Ability to work as a genuine team player (not just within the sales function) to maximise all opportunities.
- Understanding of emerging technologies
- Demonstrable track record of success for a minimum of 5 years in a senior level sales position, managing a multiple stakeholder account environment within the direct mail industry and/or a managed print/document services provider.
- Success in personally preparing, submitting and taking ownership of detailed tender submissions for public and corporate sectors and subsequently winning the business.
- Success in achieving sales targets and closing sales.
- Experience of selling and implementing technology lead digital data management solutions and Hybrid Mail.
- Broad knowledge of selling print solutions into the Financial Services and/or Healthcare sectors would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a cross-functional environment, and building successful relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience in a commercial environment of project planning and successful implementation.
- Previous experience of establishing and developing customer relationships to a senior (C) level.