Job Title: H&S / Resilience Manager
Salary: Negotiable / circa £55k pa
Location: Southern England
The Resilience Manager is responsible for ensuring the processes and procedures are in place to ensure all statutory requirements are met.
As well as monitoring the KPIs, the role holder will be there to challenge and lead on driving a safety-first culture. The role will sit on the SLT.
- Drive the safety culture ensuring leadership, engagement and collaboration
- Develop, maintain and monitor safe systems and procedures to meet legislative and operational safety requirements
- Have responsibility for ensuring the CAPA log is actively managed
- Ensure that departmental risk assessments are conducted and followed up by corrective action
- Ensure that all specialist health and safety hazards are assessed and managed effectively (e.g. COSHH, Noise, Emissions etc)
- Advise the site and departmental management on current and anticipated developments on H&S legislation and set internal standards for compliance
- Report and escalate any perceived gaps in legal compliance and identify areas for improvement
- Assist in developing H&S standards, good practices and support audit processes providing information for these along with other reports as appropriate
- Ensure adequate provision of H&S training for all managers
- Maintain the site H&S Manual and ensure the management system is maintained to ISO 45001 standard
- Ensure effective liaison with outside bodies such as the HSE, Insurers, Confederation of Paper Industries, Pabiac and other interested parties etc
- You will lead the H&S Advisor and the Security Manager
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Formal qualifications in Health & Safety to NEBOSH Diploma level
- CMIOSH accredited or working towards
- Significant H&S experience gained from working in a complex industrial/manufacturing environment
- Fire management experience
Benefits include: PMI, bonus, pension, company car allowance.