Job Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: Salary Negotiable / approx £35K pa
Location: Southern England
The Quality Engineer (QE) will handle multiple projects simultaneously from enquiry phase and throughout production life. For these projects the QEs will be responsible for implementing process and quality controls that ensure the product meets or exceeds customer-specified requirements. The purpose of the role will also be to lead continuous improvement by utilising the appropriate quality tools and providing data analysis.
- Review order enquiries for past complaints, concessions and CCARs and feed into relevant teams for pre-quote assessment in order to help understand risk pre-bid.
- Facilitate FMEA for orders and generate control plans to mitigate risk to product quality that were identified. Review and amend these plans based on feedback from the process and customer.
- Ensure customer requirements are accurately communicated to the Operations and Quality Control functions and that the required measurement tools are in place and aligned with the Quality Management System.
- Identify, facilitate and lead problem solving activities and projects to resolve quality related issues e.g. customer complaints and high defect rates and ensure learning is captured in FMEA and control plans.
- Visit customers and suppliers in support of resolution of supplier and customer feedback or problem solving activities.
- Support the design and development of products through a phased gate process.
- Working on deliverables within the process according to the RACI.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of quality engineering techniques is essential
- Education to degree level or experienced with ONC/ HNC, preferably in a scientific or technical capacity
- Experience within the papermaking industry is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience with New Product Introduction
- Working knowledge of SPC and its implementation.
Pension, Private Medical Insurance.