Job Title: Production Manager
Salary: £40k plus (relocation package available)
Location: North West
Our client is a company specialising in signage and services a growing portfolio of commercial customers from a variety of sectors including automotive, leisure and retail.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Production Manager is a hands-on role that combines managing the signage department’s estimating, quoting, and production. The successful candidate will be experienced in large format printing. Must be willing and able to operate print and digital die-cut machines when required.
Our client can provide some training but the successful candidate will have a good level of existing knowledge.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
– Sign making and large format print production
– Dealing with customers
– Dealing with agencies
– Preparing quotes
– Managing a team in a lively and dynamic production environment
– Sub-contracting work to outside organisations
The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth running of the department. So a professional and knowledgeable business style is essential.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Day to day
• Respond to quotes for large format printing generated through the sales department.
• Producing any job that the department needs help with.
• Manage the ordering of raw materials.
• Manage the day to day operation and work flow on various large format printers.
• Manage the production of event materials.
• Out-source or sub contract work to outside agencies when required.
PRINCIPAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, with specific responsibility for the health safety and welfare of all personnel within their control including themselves and for ensuring the overall safe and compliant planning, implementation and monitoring of all activities.
PRINCIPAL ‘LINE MANAGEMENT’ ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and to ensuring that the culture, philosophy and processes within our client are free from bias and discrimination.
• Previous experience of working within the large format print industry.
• Previous demonstrable experience of sub-contracting work
• Calm, professional
• Good manager who spends time with staff
• Excellent customer relation skills
• Be attention to detail orientated
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here