Job Title: Operations Director
Salary: £Highly Attractive Basic + performance related bonus
Location: South East England
Contact: George Thompson
Telephone: 0207 838 9695
Categories: Print, South East, Director Level
An eminent operator within its market has a senior leadership opening. Reporting to the board, our client is looking for someone to lead the entire print services offering.
This Operations Director role will have full responsibility for the Print Services P&L ensuring the focus is on the right services aligned to the company’s strategic vision over the next 3 years. The individual will have a hands-on involvement in the core areas of print services ensuring clients’ requirements are met and that the company remains a natural collaborator internally and externally to deliver continuous improvement, new services and innovation within the category.
The commercially minded print professional we seek will have an in-depth knowledge of print and mail manufacturing, a familiarity with the principles of Print Management and an inherent knowledge of the print community covering operational excellence, technical advancement and supply chain management.
The results driven Operations Director needs to be experienced in change management with Lean experience. You will need to be detail oriented, ambitious, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, an excellent leader with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to be effective.
This senior role, leading the Print Services team from the front. has three primary functions:
• Management and leadership of the Digital Print facility which includes:
o Ensuring all work meets our clients’ schedules and quality expectations
o The equipment meets and exceeds industry standards and leads new services and innovation within print manufacturing
o The management of the key suppliers to the Digital Print facility to ensure all risks and cost exposure are mitigated
o Quality assurance and H&S management of the site
o Management of utilisation across the site to ensure the GM percentage is maximised
• Working with the Print Management Services.
o Ensure the supply chain aligned to the client requirements is fit for purse and driving change and improvements
o Risk and governance across the service to ensure we do not fail our client requirements, SLAs and contractual agreements
o Ensure the technical solution in Print Portal is enabling the client services team to deliver a first class service, leading change in features and capability for client development
o Working with the client services team to develop the Print Management service to improve the cost to serve and manage any issues
• Management and leadership of the Strategic Sourcing
o The management of the team within the sourcing function
o Ensuring the supplier chain is fit for purpose and provides the secure and robust print production and services
o Work within the group policy to ensure the onboarding and management of the supply chain meets our corporate obligations
o To monitor and manage pricing across the core contracts and ensure we are ensuring we secure the best market price
• Management and communication to all Print Services employees, appraising them of business news, strategic developments, updates, changes to requirements.
• Set objectives for your direct reports to ensure they take responsibility and accountability of core functions across the Print Services pillar
• Senior Leadership
• Experienced in change management with Lean experience
• Experience of JIT stock management
• Experience of managing a fast paced print operation
• Experience of managing and building relationships with clients
• Experience of managing multiple shifts with multi-skilled operational teams
• Proven skills in productivity management
• A background in continuous improvement techniques
• Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Flexible approach to core working hours
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer driven approach to work
• IT literate
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here