Job Title: Print Operations Director
Salary: £Substantial Package
Location: East Midlands
A major East Midlands printing company is looking to fill the key role of Operations Director, ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the site’s production and distribution functions. Serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
• Direct and manage all Production and Distribution employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry their responsibilities to the required standard.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in the areas of Production and Distribution to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
• Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the Production and Distribution functions achieve their business objectives.
• Develop and control the budget for the Operations Department to ensure production and distribution department have all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
• Direct and control the Production function to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
• Direct and manage the Warehousing and Distribution functions to ensure that customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with the management team to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
• Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls within production and distribution.
• Management of the temporary agency workers budget in coordination with the MD and finance department.
• Work with finance in the development of departmental budgets
• Payroll management, including overtime and absence.
• Work with finance to produce fiscal documents.
• Regular meetings with MD around fiscal planning.
• Supervise and coach all direct reports.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of manufacturing areas financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
• Assisting the MD in creating annual organisational budget
• Extensive experience in operations management along with demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Significant experience of the printing industry
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Budgeting experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
Candidates must experience or qualified in Lean Manufacturing.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here