Job Title: Pre Press Operator
Salary: £Competitive Package
Location: South East
A rapidly expanding printing company is seeking a detail orientated Pre-Press Operator with excellent layout and proofing skills. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of Digital print production and pre-press processes and fluent in graphic applications including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, along with the Microsoft Office suite.
We are looking for someone who is efficient, and shows an ability to work with multiple projects and can perform within tight deadlines. You must also have strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with management and co-workers, as well as applying these skills to proofing, grammar & spell checking. The ideal candidate will also be adaptable with an ability to learn and utilize new technology quickly and accurately as it pertains to our client’s business.
JOB SPECIFICS and OTHER DUTIES include the following.
• Scanning, setting up and entering print details on to the internal systems for incoming titles
• Ability to operate and fault find Nuvera and iGen digital presses (training will be given)
• Re-mastering of scanned covers to remove any imperfections
• Preparation and imposition of electronic files for all work submitted
• Updating files held in the archive upon receipt of new files
• Checking of proofs (internal proofing QC) before they are sent to clients
• Ensure continuous running where possible of all print room machinery
• Carrying out daily maintenance on monochrome machines
• Carrying out daily maintenance and calibration of colour press
• Carry out regular QC checks on printed output
• Recognise and diagnose faults and place service calls where necessary
• Record all service calls and downtime on relevant forms for all machines
• Assist other print room staff in the event of machine faults
• Send jobs to press from the internal system and check registration before printing
• Ensure Print Room & Pre-press area is kept neat and tidy
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here