Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: £43k to £48k per annum
Location: North West England
We are working with a leading packaging company passionate about state-of-the-art packaging design. They serve a range of high-end customers, providing consumer packaging, free-standing display units and promotional packaging. An opening has arisen within their dynamic team – they are on the search for a positive and energetic individual to take on a key commercial management role.
The Commercial Manager will control all planning functions in line with strategic business objectives to deliver exceptional customer service while at the same time balancing commercial returns through judicious pricing, operational efficiency, material optimisation and good cost control to deliver profitability targets.
Main duties will include:
• Manage the Estimating and Commercial Analyst functions.
• Manage our client’s team of 5 Customer services and estimating personnel
• Liaise with production Director to ensure delivery of Customer products
• Price estimates in conjunction with set price parameters
• Review and improve existing department methods of operation.
• Implement effective changes across the teams as necessary, working with MIS in support
• Communicate clearly across all areas of the business regarding commercial profitability and production capacity.
• Drive continuous improvement across all teams to deliver year on year improvements in productivity and profitability.
We are looking for someone who is not only dedicated to developing a team, but who also shows a dedication to maximising their own potential. You must be creative and able to think outside the box when it comes to challenging decision making.
Please note candidates must have estimating and people management experience to apply for this role.
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – email@example.com
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – firstname.lastname@example.org
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – email@example.com
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here