Job Title: Packaging Technologist – Household & Personal Care Products
Salary: £30k to £35k per annum
Location: South East England
Our client has brought household and personal care products to people across the world for decades. They love to find problem solvers, creative thinkers and keenly curious individuals to join the legacy of their iconic brands.
We have an exciting opportunity to come on board their R&D team. They are looking for an experienced individual to develop suitable consumer and transit packaging inducing display cartons, shelf ready packs, corrugated containers and pallet layouts. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques for packing consumer products, and the development of various types of packaging and packaging components such as cans, pumps, actuators, bottles, tubes, corrugates etc. and technical testing of the considered elements is key.
Joining a company like this requires someone with good project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen. You must demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects, work cross-functionally/internationally and deliver against company business goals and objectives.
• Manage modifications to existing product packaging
• Interface with all relevant departments to effectively manage projects
• Identify resource / prioritisation issues and report to line manager
• Manage project documentation
• Develop and execute package testing plans
• Source technical drawings / die lines
• Offer factory support for pack design related engineering issues
• Development of consumer and transit packaging using external suppliers
• Validate designs through to full scale manufacturing
• Implement transport tests to assure outer packaging and pallet designs are sufficient to deliver high quality product to customers
• Harmonise pack designs to improve manufacturing efficiency
• Issue and maintain packaging specifications as well as reports on outcome of industrial line trials
• Provide relevant information for the assembly of technical dossiers and customer specifications
• Keep up to date with sustainability requirements and integrate into packaging development.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here