Job Title: Packaging Buyer
Salary: Basic £30-37k basic
We are working with an industry leading company whose dedicated in house product design team delivers a constant stream of product innovation which drives market growth and reinforces leadership in the market. The chosen candidate will be responsible for leveraging knowledge and networking skills, and building sustainable supplier relationships & managing contracts with key suppliers to drive best possible results.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• The packaging technology skills necessary to specify suitable packaging materials, produce line drawings for flow wrap film and approve packaging specifications.
• A detailed knowledge of the specifications of corrugated cartons, carton board cartons, FSDUS/POS,
• Thorough understanding of flexographic and litho print processes.
• Experienced in the purchasing of flexographic printed films self-adhesive labels and shrink films.
• An ability to provide and advise Design and Marketing colleagues on the most cost-effective printing methods.
• Experience in the approval of artwork and attending initial press pass of all new packaging.
• Understanding and awareness of the latest Packaging Waste Regulations and the process of sourcing environmentally friendly alternative methods of packing products.
• Able to complete all packaging waste request documents submitted by our customers.
• A knowledge and ability to utilise TOPS or pallet configuration software
Skills, Experience and Person Specification
• Experience of using SAP MRP system, product creation, Purchase Ordering, scheduling, maintaining integrity of SAP data
• Interpreting forecast changes/amendments & impact on raw material stock availability
• addressing stock/Invoice queries
• Experience of supplier evaluation, selection and contract price negotiation
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• IT literate
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
• Hardworking, reliable, enthusiastic and resilient
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here