Job Title: Laser & Digital Print Operator
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Location: North West England
The primary goal of this Laser and Digital Print Operator role is to ensure that all printed files are produced in time to meet SLAs and to agreed quality standards.
Ideally a proven track record of accomplishment gained within a Laser & Digital Print Production environment, however, keen enthusiastic digital printers without laser experience will be considered and full training provided.
The role works on a three-week rotational shift (37.5 hours per week)
Week 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 18.45 to 07.15
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 18.45 to 07.15
Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 06.45: to 19.15
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to support the achievement of business goals by supporting the fellow members of the Laser & Digital Print Shift to achieve their SLAs and ensure that the print quality is maintained. This role will play a key part in aiding the smooth running of the department to meet the planned schedules and customer specifications and expectations and department targets and goals.
- To aquire a full knowledge of the range of equipment and services provided in the laser print department – cut-sheet mono, cut-sheet colour and continuous inkjet colour.
- To ensure all of the clients personalised laser output is printed on the correct stationary and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all of the correct procedures are followed for ISO quality checking and the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To ensure all stock levels of consumables and stationary are maintained and to replace old and out of date versions of stationary are replaced with updated versions.
- To record daily and hourly workflow from lasers and to ensure the output is passed on to the finishing, machine or hand enclosing section in a timely manner.
- The perform the required daily machine safety checks.
- To raise and log all engineer calls.
- Undertake support tasks as directed by the Production Manager.
- Effectively deal with internal and external telephone and email enquiries.
- To adhere to the production schedules.
- Liaise with Client Services, Production Planning, and all other internal Production Departments as and when necessary.
- To undertake any investigatory processes where it is deemed appropriate.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Maintain a tidy and clean work area ensuring that the laser print machines are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures with particular emphasis on quality and health and safety.
- A knowledge on how to operate a PC using standard Microsoft Office software and to be able to understand the company’s management systems in regards to estimating, job bag creation and events etc.
- Good verbal, written communication, and effective listening skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions, attention to detail
- Able to generate innovative and effective solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Able to cope with multiple projects at one time
- Ability to analyse relevant information to make quality decisions
- Must be methodical with the customer requirements
- Team player, able and willing to assist other members of the team
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure and demonstrate a level of emotional control and resilience
- Able to maintain good disciplines, standards, initiative, and drive
- Understanding of commercial issues surrounding jobs
- Able to ensure that all documentation is complete and accurate