Job Title: Graduate Junior Packaging Technologist or Experienced Packaging Technologist
Salary: £25-30k basic + benefits
Location: East Midlands/East Anglia
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a group of brands and companies specialising in the creation of high-quality personal care and beauty products for the consumer and trade market. They are looking to recruit a packaging graduate/technologist who is a self-starter, passionate about packaging & making a difference in the business. The right person for this role will have some experience of working with creative teams to take packaging projects from briefing through to development, filling & launch stages.
• Develop, lead packaging development from brief through to final product stages ensuring projects are delivered on time in full.
• Develop fit for purpose packaging through robust pack testing and packaging line trials.
• Develop and manage day to day issues comprehensive technical component specifications.
• Assist the procurement team with sourcing and encouraging suppliers to present new innovative packaging solutions, processes and developments.
• Monitor and adhere to NPD timescales against agreed critical paths.
• Identify and manage the pack risk with the project team, being flexible and re-prioritising activities as required.
• Operate corrective action procedures to reduce risk of repeated errors.
• Conduct value analysis studies for potential cost saving.
• Establish and maintain effective links / visits with key customers / suppliers and industry sources.
• Brief suppliers on componentry, request samples and quotes, where required.
• Re-source packaging, if required.
• Maintain and update packaging databases, packaging specifications, CAPE pallet patterns and cutter guides for artwork preparation.
• Supply the R&D department with componentry and relevant documentation for compatibility testing.
• Complete reports relating to packaging, packaging waste and pre-production.
• Check artwork, including barcode verifications and attend.
• Interface with all relevant departments to effectively manage packaging projects.
• The candidate should be qualified, ideally in a Packaging or related scientific field with a minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a packaging development/technologist role.
• Microsoft Office Suite literate.
• Knowledge of printing processes, art work and packaging materials.
• Strong project management skills.
• Good team player, self-motivated and self-confident.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here