Job Title: Director of Engineering
Salary: £60-80k basic
Location: South East England
Our client is leading the way when it comes to solving the plastic problem, offering a safe, sustainable and entirely home-compostable packaging solution. Their manufacturing team takes the time to understand the exact requirements of each client to engineer tailor-made solutions. Through rapid prototyping and product testing, our client ensures alignment, durability and quality assurance.
This board member role of Director of Engineering and Process will take responsibility for the ownership, implementation, regular review and continual improvement of company health and safety plan, ensuring a safe working environment for all colleagues, contractors and visitors.
Objectives and Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for the achievement of automation and efficiency improvements for all operational plants, within allocated budget, leading to a significant improvement in productivity and notable reduction in direct labour costs.
2. Responsible for the maintenance and performance of all assets procured for manufacturing and associated SLA’s contracted to suppliers with mitigation recorded, mapped and owned on company risk register log.
3. Responsible for the writing or improvement, along with a measured and systematic review of processes and systems, required to manufacture materials in accordance with license requirements.
4. The selection and ownership of an integrated set of management information systems, including relevant patching related to operations, production yield, IT, WEB, CRM and HR functions along with a structured review and perpetually measured improvement framework.
5. Responsible for the successful implementation and review of established standard operational procedures. Associated risks and mitigation strategy mapped and owned on company risk log.
6. Responsible for the timely and technically accurate production of CAD designs, necessary to achieve both the compression and aesthetic client requirements.
What we are looking for:
Engineering based BSc 2.1 or above and preferably an Engineering MSc with 5 years’ experience in the food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
Analytical, communication and organisational skills and strong written & oral communication abilities.
A detail-oriented problem-solver able to employ leadership, critical thinking and time management skills and can work effectively both independently and in teams.
The successful candidate should be familiar with all phases of project management, able to work with people of diverse backgrounds, understand quality control concepts and develop creative and innovative ways to improve business processes.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here