Job Title: Business Development Manager – DACH Region
Salary: Highly Competitive plus Car & Benefits.
You will inherit an established area with existing Accounts.
- have knowledge of selling into – or be from – the Labels sector
- be based in Germany, a native speaker with business level English speaking / writing skills.
- be able to work from home, visit DACH region based Clients in the field and be a passport holder; periodically travelling to the UK for HO meetings.
- ideally have Agency Management experience & be able to demonstrate success and experience in being involved in a sales team and major accounts.
- have a clean, (or near clean), driving license.
- have good IT Skills: MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a basic level, sound understanding of the Internet and email and comfortable with modern video conference formats such as MS Teams, Zoom, and WebEx etc.
- understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
Role reports to: Sales Director
Ideal Profile / Previous Experience and Achievements:
- Understanding of pressure sensitive labels with the ability to apply this knowledge to develop end user applications.
- Knowledge of Digital Print is advantageous in addition to the knowledge of selling into the Drinks, Food or Retail sectors – or chemical, logistics etc. in order to be able to quickly identify end user applications
- Know the main players in the supply chain
- Have a track record of identifying technical solutions for customers within the label industry and linked markets such as packaging.
A globally leading Self Adhesive Paper Manufacturer involved in the Labelling Solutions sector with a reputation for world class innovation and customer service.
Their sector leading expertise ensures that they are reputable for their core values of service, trust and innovation.
They have enjoyed nearly two decades of continuous profitable growth, positioning them as a sector leader in terms of product innovation, design and development especially in digital print and also the drinks sectors.
They operate across the UK, Europe and beyond.
Business activities include the design, development and manufacture of labelling solutions for a range of customers including Convertors, Printers and Packers. This then goes on to the packaging for some of the world’s best known brands across a wide variety of sectors.
This leading organisation works with their suppliers, customers, (and their clientele), to design, develop and deliver innovative labelling solutions that ensure best-in-class performance and functionality.
With delivering a World Class service being the core principle of the business, they have experienced significant growth in both their domestic UK and Export markets, and now wish to appoint an additional experienced Business Development Manager in Germany who can build on this success to help guide the business through the next phase of growth.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing an established sales region covering Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Sales in Germany has seen significant growth due to the hard work and approach by our Client’s Agent and the Client’s own salespeople in Germany.
This position will initially involve Business Development, continuing to develop the DACH region in the coming years.
Although reporting directly to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will, on a daily basis, be working with their German Agent who are a long established and well respected multi-sited agency providing excellent administration support for the successful candidate.
Excerpt of Key Elements of the role.
- Plan and prioritise sales activities in order to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
- Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins within agreed parameters.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods.
- Further information and application / suitability.
- An understanding of current digital print technologies would be a distinct advantage for the successful candidate however full training will be given
- Track record of growing sales with volume and profit margin into the label sector or be from the Label. Paper or Packaging sector – Significant sector experience is essential in that respect.
- A fluent English speaker with strong People Management skills, confident, self-motivated results-oriented individual with a positive outlook who is comfortable working on their own, but just as comfortable working within a team.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible, travel will be required in order to fulfil the role including regular visits to the UK in order to attend sales meetings etc.
- Clean or “near clean” driving licence.
- Understanding of the basic principles of marketing, including market sector targeting, product offer development and features-benefits-solutions selling.
- Ability to manage Agents with competing priorities and adapt to cultural differences within a European context is essential.
- Experienced user of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a basic level.
- Sound understanding of the Internet and email and comfortable with modern video conference formats such as MS Teams, Zoom, and WebEx etc.
- Understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance.
- Very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate success and experience in managing a sales team and major accounts.
- 25 days annual leave exclusive of statutory holidays.
- Participation in an annual bonus scheme based on the achievement of agreed targets.
- The provision of a fully expensed company car and reimbursement of business miles and a mobile phone and laptop for business use along with the cost of home broadband provision.
**Please send your up to date CV in MS Word format, (.doc / .docx).
Key Words: Pressure Sensitive Labels, Self Adhesive Labels.