Job Title: Artwork & Design Manager
Salary: £60 -70k basic + bonus
We are working with a leading company in its sector which has a presence across the entire globe. A change in ownership has sparked a total rebrand, which is where you come in to place.
Our client is looking for someone with strong packaging development experience, ideally in healthcare or FMCG, who can lead this giant rebranding project from the front. The Primary Purpose of the role is to:
- Manage graphical and physical redesign projects across the portfolio
- Providing end-to-end packaging solutions to the Marketing and R&D teams, from approved creative concepts to full commercialization of designs.
- Manage packaging as the company redesigns 1100 SKUs
- Artwork amendment/repro designers/studio
- Ownership, licences, and new brand identity
- Set up master artwork management system
- Delivering packaging for the NPD Pipeline, developing 10 – 12 projects over an 18-month cycle plan.
- Working in partnership with the Local Markets, Global Category Directors/ Local Managers and R&D teams, taking the lead role in the packaging development for the first launch of a design, working in collaboration with local teams, agencies and suppliers.
- Work in partnership with designated agencies to develop creative concepts and create all components of commercial packaging design, through selection or development of appropriate materials, print finishes and structural layouts.
- Develop, define and establish successful conversion of packaging designs on a global scale within the varying capabilities and technical constraints across global supply base.
- Provide technical solutions for consistent deployment of designs in all regions. Responsible for efficient and accurate transfer of technological know-how between packaging converters, and packaging deployment teams.
- Where appropriate, working closely with Quality and Brand Groups to define quality criteria for all new packaging designs, aligned with marketing expectation
- Provide technical expertise and support procurement in supplier selection, qualification and capability building,
- Identify industry trends and new enablers in materials, construction and production processes.
- Desired: Sound technical knowledge with design background
- An appreciation of the regulatory requirements around packaging
- In depth knowledge of print, material conversion, industry trends and standard methodologies
- Strong communication skills and be equally comfortable operating within a technical or marketing environment
- A sound appreciation of the principles of marketing and strategies for International brands
- Ability to chair a diverse group of internal partners and lead discussion with external suppliers
- Results focused. Good project management skills
- Graduate or equivalent, preferably in a technical field
- Must possess excellent oral, written communication and influencing skills together with a proven ability to build collaborative partnerships.
- Effective listening skills, as well as flexibility, a strong work ethic, and being a strategic thinker are valued assets.
- Can handle a heavy workload with competing priorities.
- Displays sound business judgment and intelligence, attention to detail, learning agility, high energy level, etc.
- Both capable of thinking out of the box, while being strategic and analytical.
- Strong creative skills preferred.