Job Title: Account Manager / Buyer
Salary: Up to £30,000 per year
We are working with a dynamic print and communications company that specialises in growing customer’s business via offline channels. This company prides itself on the atmosphere created for its employees. You can expect an open, collaborative and fast-paced working environment with a fantastic team of dedicated people.
This client is looking for a fast-thinking, dynamic and highly motivated individual with an ability to shape a solution to meet customer needs. The candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, showing an ability to take a flexible approach to workload to manage peaks and troughs and provide ad hoc support in other areas as required. You will also require excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously to deadlines. Having the ability to make decisions relating to projects is essential.
- A background within the printing industry is essential. Potential role for a Customer Service / Account Manager who wants to progress into a buying role.
- Produce accurate print specifications, select appropriate suppliers and request quotes
- Estimating in the most efficient, cost effective way, meeting agreed deadlines
- Review submitted costs, identify discrepancies, potential cost savings and negotiation opportunities
- Manage quality issues with deliveries, or services, ensuring satisfactory resolution
- Raise and process purchase orders, and associated documentation
- Providing key daily administration using the companies M.I.S and other software packages
- Liaising with Account Managers and Sales when taking client briefs.
- Handling print requirements for a varied range of direct mail campaigns.
- Knowledge of offline marketing routes good but not essential (door drops, P.A.M, Insert placement etc)
- Needs to be proficient in all Microsoft office products especially Excel.
- You must be a considerate team player, within the production team, and working closely with sales and customer services
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive – looking to understand what is being purchased and why
- Strives for improvement at every opportunity
- Skilled in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage several projects at any one time within a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating and negotiating with others
- Be able to prioritise schedules and manage own workload, highlighting any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ability to make decisions fast and effectively.