Job Title: Sales Manager – Southern England
Salary: > £60k pa DOE
Location: Southern England
Our prestigious and award winning Client is one of the World’s leading Paper Manufacturers.
This is a Field Sales / home office based role with periodic visits to the UK Sales Office in the South of England.
While the successful candidate settles into / receives training in the role they will be required to regularly report to one of the Client’s offices in the south of England.
Therefore the ideal location for them to be based will be within: Northampton to the north, Heathrow to the East, Bath to the West.
The successful Candidate will inherit existing business, (Multi £Ms).
For this role the Client will give equal consideration to candidates from either the PAPER, PRINT OR PACKAGING INDUSTRIES.
They have been recognised as one of Europe’s best employers, who judge people on their potential to be developed into a role.
To that end the successfu candidate wll be trained, developed and mentored with regard to Product, Operational and Market knowledge.
This is a career defining opportunity for an experienced Sales Professional to be responsible for managing the sale of the company’s range of Paper Products within the UK & Ireland.
Typical Market experience required:
Selling into the Commercial Print or Paper Converting markets
– Paper Packaging Companies, Reel Convertors or Envelope / Mailing Co’s etc.
Reporting to the UK based General Manager the role has no Reports.
The main function of the role is ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through the implementation of strategies and action plans to meet short and long-term objectives.
The main activities in the position will include:-
• Build customers relationships, through the promotion and sales of our Client’s products and brands;
• Define, manage and monitor annual budgets with customers in alignment with Company strategy;
• Identify business opportunities and new customers maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the market, competition, alternative products and consumer trends;
• Assure a consistent service to customers through strong interaction with other Commercial areas of the Company such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Pricing and Product Quality;
• Negotiate with customers, building strong communication and relationships at all levels within their organizations: purchasing, inside/outside sales people, marketing, operations;
• Participate actively in all collaborative processes contributing to discussions, innovation, both on commercial topics and also on other operational or strategic levels.
• Increase the customer base through prospection and launch and sell new products.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
Proven Sales background – knowledge of Key Account Management advantageous.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, marketing or commercial functions.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Business acumen.
• Negotiation, impact and influence skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Teamwork and cooperation.
The recruitment process will involve first stage telephone interviews followed by On-line testing and 2nd stage skype meetings.
Thereafter ‘face to face’ meetings will take place when circumstances allow.
All enquiries in strictest confidence
Please include a cover note with most recent salary, £ expectations for the role, your Notice period and any relevant experience selling into the Client’s Target Markets.
CVs in MS Word format please (.doc / .docx)
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here