Job Title: Production Manager
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Location: West Midlands
Following significant investment in plant and technology in the last 2 years, and strong company growth, our client is looking for a Production Manager with 5+ years’ management experience within the printing and mailing industry.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, and performance of the production department. The post holder will focus on outstanding quality, productivity, maximising team member performance & profitability against pre-agreed targets.
You will be the senior figure within the production environment and will set an example for team members and the organisation as a whole in terms of commitment, work ethic, leadership habits and personal character.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Operations Director in the delivery of manufacturing objectives
- Hourly & Daily planning and organising production schedules
- Maintaining an On Time in Full Performance in excess of 98%
- Ensuring that Health and Safety regulations are maintained
- Determining quality control standards and the continual improvement of them
- Overseeing the production processes
- Advising timescales or schedules as necessary to the Client Services Team.
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Organising relevant team member training sessions to improve knowledge & competency
- Ensuring that all set processes are followed by production staff and improved where necessary, working to & maintaining ISO Quality standards
- Ensure all operations employees are compliant using Citation for Training, Holidays and HR.
- Hiring of new production team members whenever required
- Proven experience as a Production Manager or similar Management position within the mailing industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work within a team
- Project management skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Working in a fast-paced, often pressurised environment
- Confident and decisive
- IT and technical skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of all the industry’s leading mailing machine & Xerox print device manufacturers and their capabilities
- Ability to work with a robust MIS system