Job Title: PrePress Consultant
Salary: £Highly Competitive
Our client is a prepress and prototyping company ( focusing on paper / board packaging ) and would like to have more focused understanding and processes and systems put in place for –
Colour separation and bleed
This is role that would require a trip to India for one month and then a follow up trip for another month.
Copy of email from the client:-
We need to standardise our pre press setup – with the artworks following a certain preflighting and packaging specifications .
This includes the below stated activities .
• Incoming Data Preflighting – to ensure the printable colour gamut is there – hence we need to give the profile for print from us .
• While artworks are happening based on the agency data ( which is not adhering to the packaging specifications ) the preflighting needs to be done for ensuring that the packaging specifications are met .
• While making pdf for sending to client for approval – we need the packaging specifications preflighting to be done for ensuring data artworks are adhering to the need of the client based on their specifications .
• We also do contract proofing on the actual process ( gravure / flex / offset ) for the client and hence need to make output specific files – colour separated files with bleed etc . Please note that unlike agencies abroad – we don’t get print ready files from agencies in India and hence have to make the print ready files .
• Backend setup – of colour profiles and digital printers to match the offset / gravure machine proofs as well as colour management and process for the same and constant monitoring .
• Colour Separation as Spot colour separation
• Stage 2 – Finger printing
To achieve our objective we go for a PSO (Process Standard Offset) through a internationally recognized certified body, for our graphic industry generally recognize FOGRA PSO, UGRA PSO and RIT PSA as global certifications. PSO is to ensure that the production process is as efficient as possible and at the same time to ensure that interim and final printed results show a predictable colour rendering and quality. PSO is based on international standardization series ISO 12647, ISO 15930, ISO 3664, etc. and therefore internationally recognized.
Or else we can have the following standardization individually –
• ISO 15930 PDF/X
• ISO 12647 (Part 1 to 6) Printing Processes and Control
• ISO 12647-7 Digital Proofing
• ISO 12647-8 Validation Prints
• ISO/TS 10128 Calibration methods
• ISO 15076 Colour Management
• ISO 12646 Display
• ISO 3664 for viewing conditions
We are not that technically equipped to give you the point by point scope of work and have tried to capture everything and put it here .
We are a traditional prepress and printing company and are facing huge challenges to our business due to the work going out to international companies and hence we need to expand our knowledge as well as keep this whole expansion of knowledge process under wraps from competition and hence are not looking at Indian companies for the training / consultancy .
This position has now been filled, but has been left on our website as we have other similar vacancies to this on an ongoing basis that might interest you. More importantly, we have vacancies that are not advertised due to their confidential nature therefore it would certainly be in your interest to email your CV, as a word document, depending on which sector you are in, to :-
Head of Packaging recruitment – Greg Nelson – email@example.com
Head of Print recruitment–Neil Pearson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Paper recruitment – Gary Young – email@example.com
Board level, account management and all levels of sales vacancies –
George Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our divisional heads will then email your CV internally to the consultant who specialises in your exact sector, for example a category of packaging is cartons, a category of print is print management, in fact we have over 30 specialist categories. Our specialist consultant will contact you if we have a live vacancy that matches, or contact you in the near future as soon a good match to skill set and experience becomes available.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here