Job Title: Paper Mill Production Superintendent
Salary: £45-60k basic + benefits dependent on experience
One of the country’s leading paper mills has an opening within their production team. They are looking to appoint a Production Superintendent to supervise and work alongside the team leaders, ensuring the smooth day to day operations of their site. The aim of this role will be to maximise machine efficiencies, product quality and uptime with a constant focus on health & safety and quality. The Production Superintendent will monitor, communicate and manage compliance of company policy and standards throughout the department.
Candidates must have a background in paper manufacturing/milling to apply for this role. A Lean 6 sigma green belt certification is also required, and a familiarity of tools such as 5s, SOPs and KPIs.
You must be proficient in Word and Excel with the ability to generate graphs from data collected.
Our client is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who takes a flexible and versatile approach to their work.
Responsibilities will include..
- Monitoring, reporting, analysing and taking action on machine efficiencies.
- Supporting Production Team Leaders in their daily duties.
- Monitoring, analysing, evaluating and formally recording process parameters, ensuring equipment runs at optimal levels.
- Working with maintenance to improve the reliability of assets and ensuring faults are diagnosed and reported accurately.
- Accurately managing the down-time system and reporting on a weekly/monthly basis using graphs and other visual aids.
- Communicating and supervising health and safety policy and ensuring action plans are adhered to.
- Being a proactive member of the safety team and attending safety team meetings. Ensure safety concerns are reported, communicated and actioned.
- Carrying out risk assessments, workplace inspections/audits and write/revise SSWs.
- Being familiar with and advising from a production perspective the preventative maintenance programme.
- Creating all necessary SOPs for production personnel tasks and keeping them updated.
- Providing cover for extended planned absences of Production Team Leaders.
- Issue permits to work where trained and authorised to do so.
- Ensuring staff, including contractors, comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Participating and presenting at company team briefings & attending/organising meetings when requested.
- Ensuring operational/health and safety/environmental and quality incidents are reported promptly and correctly and investigated thoroughly.
- Managing and driving the production 5S workplace organisation.
- Producing, updating and maintaining training manuals for all production positions.
- Ensuring all personnel are trained adequately to perform their duties effectively.
- Driving the lean 6s approach through projects and improvement activities in the production area. Selecting projects and activities with a target to improve production KPIs and actively involve necessary personnel for the successful completion.
- Performing necessary appraisals in cooperation with other production superintendents.
- Evaluating personnel after they have completed their training for specific job positions and passing them off, or recommending further actions.
- Interview candidates for production personnel as necessary.
- Accept additional education and training as is necessary to continue satisfactorily carrying out duties as a result of new equipment and changes in technology.
- Manage daily report logs made by each section.
- Work with production team leaders to manage personnel situations which may include using the company’s formal discipline and grievance procedures.
- Actively be involved in planning, coordinating and running of shuts.
- Managing production consumables including the ordering and stock management.
- Ensuring all company policies relating to health and safety, environmental and quality are adhered and upheld.