Job Title: Operations Director – On Demand Printing
Salary: £70k -£100k pa basic (depending on experience)
Our client’s mission is to offer exceptionally high quality and innovative printed products. To achieve that, they are involved in all aspects of the value chain from product design, development, IT and systems, manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, customer service, and retailing. Currently experiencing significant expansion, they are looking for a new senior manager through the appointment of a high calibre Operations Director.
This pivotal role is to be responsible and accountable for the company’s operational strategies, and to ensure their effective implementation. A collegiate business manager who helps execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgment, vision, management, commercial acumen and leadership.
Our client is not only looking for a technically orientated Operations Director, but one who also views the quality of the products they manufacture as central to their value proposition and can best use technology as an enabling tool. An Operations Director who can incorporate people and product considerations with improved technology to drive operational efficiencies and profitable growth.
The Operations Director will take ownership across the IT Network, System ERP, CRM, factory production workflow, order management, API and EDI setup.
You will oversee the whole value chain, joining the operational pieces together and co-ordinating the work process to be more efficient and effective – from order input, to production, to fulfilment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement operational business strategies, plans and procedures
• Measuring effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally finding ways to improve processes
• Responsible for operational effectiveness of the company’s production units, supporting and adding value, delivering & driving systems and production workflow enhancements
• Manage company.Net programmers/contractors, IT network support personnel & overseeing IT agencies including those that run e-commerce platforms
• Responsible for company ERP system (Access Supply chain) and ensuring fully utilised to maximum effect
• Motivate staff to meet or surpass organisational and goals
• Foster a collaborative environment across diverse teams
Skills / Attributes Required:
• Highly self-motivated, with the desire to succeed and add value
• Proven experience as an Operations Director or relevant role in On-Demand Print
• Experience of managing IT programmers/teams, and technical agencies
• Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance etc.
• Demonstrable competency in project management, strategic planning and budgeting
• Solid background of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Strong knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
• Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
• Excellent written and interpersonal,
Exceptional aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Strong experience with Production and understanding of everyday shop floor issues and limitations
• Logistics knowledge and experience of drop ship operations
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here