Job Title: Gluing Machine Minder
Salary: Basic Salary £28k to £32k plus overtime
Location: Northern Home Counties
Focused on sustainability with our extensive range of recyclable and compostable products, our client designs and manufactures innovative food packaging solutions here in the UK, exporting to over 60 countries worldwide.
As one of our client’s Gluing Minders, you will set the gluing machines in accordance with the works’ instructions and ensure:
• the quality of finished work and compliance with ISO, BRC and any other standards and operating procedures;
• the machine is running at its optimum to maximise efficiencies;
• working with the Finishing Manager, all sundry stock levels are maintained;
• all assistants are working in a safe manner;
• the machine is fully compliant to all Health and Safety requirements;
• all information relating to the machine output is recorded correctly.
What you need to succeed
• Recent, relevant and proven machine minder experience – making ready and running gluing folding equipment.
Previous experience operating the following machinery would be a distinct advantage:
• Jagenberg 70 / Jagenberg 105 / Bobst Media / Omega Duran 110
• In-depth knowledge of gluing/folding styles using folding box board for the food packaging industry.
• meet the physical demands of the post with frequent lifting of light and moderately heavy items;
• work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements;
• act on own initiative and adapt quickly to change;
• understand and carry out instructions.
Must be able to:
• work well within a small team with good listening and communication skills;
• work unsupervised with a flexible approach to working hours.
• Highly reliable person with honesty and integrity.
If you have registered with us and wish to use your existing details to apply for this vacancy please login here. If you would like to register with us please click here