Job Title: Business Unit Director
Salary: £95-£110k pa (depending on experience)
Location: North West England
A leading print and communications company has a key opening within its senior management team. They are recruiting a Business Unit Director to play a key role in providing leadership with the design, implementation and embedding of the tools, mindset, culture and behaviours for operational success.
The role plays a key part in setting the strategy for growth, taking ownership of specific key initiatives to achieve targeted outcomes.
Key responsibilities for this Business Unit Director role:
- Key contributor to setting the strategy, growth, customer, people and financial targets and key initiatives in line with Company targets.
- Delivery of sustainable, profitable growth; statutory compliance and governance; team leadership and development; client relationship management and the attraction and engagement of new clients.
- Leading the implementation and continued development of our client’s products to deliver long term company growth targets.
- Continually focuses on developing the business through building strategic customer relationships, ensuring that resources are ready and able to manage growth
- Undertake divisional business reviews, business unit audits and strategic initiatives
- Ensure mandatory processes are in place and compliant, including line management auditing, QHSE objective setting and tracking, H&S scenario training and statutory investigations
- Highly visible and accessible to the team through presence and role modelling of company culture and behaviours
- Develop high-level customer relationships with both existing and potential customers through fully understanding and anticipating their needs
- Takes proactive action to ensure revenue, operating profit, working capital and all other financial targets are met and continually improved upon
- Proven experience at MD level managing a multi-million £ business within the printing industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the overall business strategy
- Exceptional customer relationship management experience (building and retaining customer relationships) with ability to make effective & persuasive presentations to clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Proven experience as a visionary leader
- High level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, networking and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in the development & implementation of strategic plans
- Proven track record in successful change management including around culture, mindset, behaviours and ways of working