Job Title: Print Account Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary: up to £35k pa depending on experience
We have an opportunity for an Account Manager to work with a Print Management company which differs from all competitors. They specialise in servicing the high end of the financial markets, along with publishing, marketing and charity sectors. It prides itself in providing high quality, flexible, innovative print services using the latest technologies in an environmentally responsible manner.
They seek an Account Manager to become an integral and pro-active member of the sales department. You will provide first class customer service to a designated portfolio of customer accounts and ensure contracts perform within the agreed SLA. The Account Managers role will be to provide support and guidance to your customers as required. You will ensure projects run smoothly from development of initial concept, to mapping timelines and managing budgets, through to delivery of end product. You will demonstrate high levels of commercial acumen by making informed decisions regarding selection of suppliers/sub-contractors based on cost and quality of product/service required. You will oversee and manage the integration of system driven solutions and maintain using the support of the IT team and service providers.
Candidates must have extensive print knowledge to apply for this role.
The contract will be for a minimum of 9 months with a rolling monthly extension thereafter.
Key Responsibilities of the Account Manager
- Proactively work to develop and grow your customer accounts through obtaining a thorough understanding of your customers’ needs. Ensure needs are met, including those detailed within the SLA.
- Represent the Company at clients visits on/off site as and when required.
- Strive to maximise the customers budget/our profit. Identify the most efficient production methods and smart negotiation with the chosen supplier.
- Respond to customers and suppliers’ queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Receive quote requests from the customer and provide accurate and detailed responses within the target response time.
- Confirm, monitor and progress chase orders, ensuring all work is delivered within schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Manage call-offs to ensure delivery as requested.
- Ensure that customers stock stored and produced is pro-actively monitored. Ensure stock levels are maintained to a sufficient quantity to meet the agreed customers’ requirements.
- Arrange for customers to receive specified reports as and when required.
- Successfully purchase stock – the price, quality and availability of which meet the requirements confirmed by the customer
- Obtain and compare quotes from preferred suppliers. Clearly recognise commercially viable prices that will result in maximum profit.
- Monitor the progress of orders to ensure they arrive with the customer on or earlier than the delivery date originally agreed
- Manage artwork and proof submission and approval between the supplier and the client.
- Answer the phones and take messages for colleagues in a professional manner
- Receive and send emails
- Maintain office and own desk area in a tidy and professional manner, adopting good practises and correct filing of all paperwork
- Acquire a good knowledge and understanding of the suite of online solutions to enable quotes and orders to be processed effectively and in a timely manner
- Have a thorough understanding of the ISO requirements and ensure compliance